1.7.11

blue crush

Summer weather = scorching = minimal layers + lots of jewelry. I thought I'd give a go at the monochromatic trend (even though it's so anti-my-personal-style AKA Lexy's only wearing one colour? Say whhaaat?). This look reminds me of oceans and adventures...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Summer is also a dandy excuse to pile on layers of jewelry. I used to be the BIGGEST jewelry junkie (aka the only way I could spice up my uniform!) (but then, of course, it would always "detract from the essence of the uniform" thus giving me a uniform infraction. Ah, back when I was in high school...) Except for the ring, all these pieces are from Nepal. The jewelry there was absolutely stunning. I love wearing exotic jewelry because it has a whole other story behind it. Plus, it gives me seem very wordly and jet-setting-y and all that eloquent jazz.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(Dress worn as shirt - Thrifted $1, Shorts - Old Navy $5, Ring - Gift, Jewelry - Nepal)

I'm really craving an adventure. Summer has been lazy. Lazy is good, but I'm also wanting a bit more. I seem to have forgotten how ridiculously boring my city is. "City" is a bit of a stretch, especially during the summer when all the university students are gone. My town? Large village? Sims creation? (I don't know what I'm saying. But hey! Sims is great! Especially when you set your house on fire and send the grim reaper to your virtual family's death. And, er, irrelevant/ creepy/ will stop going off topic.) Whatever the case, there is NOTHING to do around here. I've been bumming around. I was trying to identify this feeling. I figured it out: BOREDOM. This is a foreign feeling to me. Seriously. I always try to busy myself with a billion projects because 1) it's fun and 2) as I've discovered, boredom is no-fun-dom (that's possibly the lamest thing I've ever said. sorry.) I know it's summer and I should be living it up, but le siiiiigh. I'm just not feeling inspired. I want creative juice and fun projects, but I feel drained. And bored.

I need to get out of here. I need to feel inspired and zesty again. KAPOW! That's what I want! Can anyone give me an amennn? Or maybe just a great adventure idea? xxx

What do you do to cure boredom?

On a happier note, HAPPY CANADA'S DAY! I'm super proud to be Canadian. (Except for the fact that the entire Twitter universe seems to think that "Canadian" and "Justin Bieber" is synonymous. GET OVER IT. There's 33 000 000+ of us here too!) I hope you're all rockin' the reds and whites and watching oodles of fireworks. I know I'm not. But I am in spirit and that's what counts! BAM! (Check out my virtual firework? Yup.)

P.S. Shameless self-promotion (dude, you're on MY blog. you best be expecting it!): 1) Like me? Why not LIKE me? i.e. join me over at Facebook! and 2) Check out my new Etsy and maybe buy something or spread the word! Would mean a billion cazillion.

21 comments:

Natalie Leung said...

woooow your blog IS AMAZING!! i lvoe the blue accessories and shirt!!
new follower :)

natalie

http://lucyandtherunaways.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

I love the monochrome look, you pull it off really well!

Marisa Noelle said...

You really mastered the art of wearing monochromatic tones. You totally made it not boring:) The necklaces I am absolutely adoring!!

Ok, so I totally don't think of Justin Bieber when I think of Canada...I think of Degrassi..hehe. Is that worse? No, but seriously I used to be hooked on that show:)

Enjoy your weekend darling! Oh and I write songs when I am bored:) xx Marisa

Hazelnut said...

I LOVE your outfit!! The dress, the shorts, the jewelry... everything about it is awesome! And I really like the photos with the plain white background and all.

By the way, your hair is gorgeous!

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

Ahhh I love you jewelry, it's amazing!!! I want it, and you look so incredible!

BTW< OMGGGGGGGGG you have an etsy and that last post was legitimately the best thing ever! I absolutely love it!

Amélie said...

Love this outfit, you're so pretty! Your blog is just awesome!

missy-daisy.com

20thCgirl said...

Wow your camera is brilliant - those shots are so detailed and clear!

I also LOVE your jewelery, matches your outfit PERFECTLY. Oceans and adventures hell yeah!

Isabelle said...

Yep, I should invest in kingsize jewelery!

mispapelicos said...

Wonderful shade of blue.
Happy Canada day.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Megan Hattie said...

this is monochromatic in the best way, i love the hints of orange and awesome jewelry! happy canada day! I'll be sad to miss the 4th of july in the US.

cheers,
--Megan//The Martian Tide

Hvit said...

BLUE!!! I love the outfit even if it is missing your normal 20 colours! :D

Melody said...

Your outfit is so happy and bright and *____*! And ahhh, I wish it was Summer here :(

April said...

LAWLZ sims is amazing. such an amazing time-killer/waster

I am an avid netflix slash illegal show streaming watcher. i could literally watch television forever. haha

ape-z.blogspot.com

Jamie-Lee Burns said...

I love the bright colours, your jewellery is amazing. Hmm as for boredom, attempt a DIY?

CDG said...

How do you master hair flipping pictures?! Teach me your ways please. I love all of this jewelry and the fact that it's from Nepal makes it even better. I'll take special things like this from different countries over designer jewels any day!
And dude, even the most creative people on the planet have to be bored sometimes. I say just embrace the boredom for now and relax. Read books, watch old films, observe and get inspired by everything. Then one day, BAM you'll be out of the boredom slump and have tons of inspiration for new projects/adventures etc.

dahhlayne said...

I love those jewelry pieces from Nepal! Crazy because I actually have a friend who just came from a mission trip in Nepal. She has so many good stories to tell.

I am still in love with your energy in this blog. Keep it up, girl!

forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

Nieke said...

I love the color of your blouse. Plus you look amazing, as always!

FarBeyondBelieving

Rachella - flourishingfit.com said...

GORGEOUS!! :) X

would you please vote for me here by clicking on "STEM" (and share this with some friends)? You're able to vote every day and I'd be so so so grateful!

Tiffany said...

nice bright bold accessories. just what i love! ♥

Anonymous said...

There are two sides to every story ...at least.

7uNij http://www.cheapuggbootsan.com/
bVxi http://www.michaelkorsoutletez.com/
qKnp http://www.cheapfashionshoesam.com/
5pCih http://www.burberryoutletxi.com/
9iJsf http://www.nflnikejerseysshopxs.com/
0mXdl http://www.coachfactoryoutlesa.com/
9uQvs 5mKkp 2bXnj 7xAeq 7bDap 1yTcw 4rGmr 5nMay 5fFjl

Anonymous said...

Not ignorance, but the ignorance of ignorance, is the death of knowledge.

0sMhw http://www.cheapuggbootsan.com/
eJra http://www.michaelkorsoutletez.com/
iIjg http://www.cheapfashionshoesam.com/
4oFol http://www.burberryoutletxi.com/
2cPoc http://www.nflnikejerseysshopxs.com/
9mUvt http://www.coachfactoryoutlesa.com/
6mAtb 5oBnl 8nNlh 6qXiv 4tDes 9hLgf 0mRkg 8uIpe 7bJle