Recap: I went to New York City last weekend, woot woot! It was oodles of fun. One downside was that I'm apparently a blogger fail and acquired approximately 3 pictures. So here they are? Enjoy? Yay? Yeah.
1. Because I'm a tourist and this is what we do. (Slash, I was getting irritated with tourists. I think this is a sign that I'm a real New Yorker. Yesss! Don't burst my bubble; it is a sign, and signs do exist...)
^ It's always fun to look at the dirty stares you get at in the background of the picture. Score!
2. McQueen Tribute at Saks. Almost brought a tear. Even more beautiful close up. I genuinely miss McQueen, eventhough it's not even Paris Fashion Week yet. Good to celebrate his amazing creations, though. Sososo stunning.
3. THE TENTS a la Bryant Park (ciao!). Because... I'm a complete dork? Ahem. I mean, cool person. This is normal. Pfft, all the fashion people take pictures of themselves stalking the tents. DUHHH.
One other down-side: would've been nice to have taken pictures of THE PROJECT RUNWAY PEOPLE. I mean, as nonchalant and fashiony as I OBVIOUSLY am (you know, standing there with the sour look of "whatever" on my face. Pretty much my trademark look, by now.), I had a moment that revealed my utter dork-dom. Whilst waiting for the Parsons tour, some revolutionary events occur:
1. Project Runway Season 7 contestants ran up the stairs, right past me. (I haven't actually been watching this season - GRR CANADA WHY DO THINGS START AIRING A MILLION YEARS AFTER?! - but I recognized them from the magazine ads.)
2. Michael Kors SAID HI TO ME. (For the record, I don't actually like his work, but still. It's quite amazing.) This really revealed my crown to the dork-dom:
Mum: [whispers] Hey, I think that's Michael Kors.
Me: [look up] Oh my god. Oh my god. oh my god. It's MICHAEL KORS!!!!!
Michael Kors: Hi guys! How are you?
Me: [Speechless. Stumbles for camera on phone. Fails.]
Michael Kors: [goes up on elevator.]
I think this means that we are best friends.
3. I saw Heidi Klum! I managed to stay calm, cool, and collected. She came in smiling and all heidi-y. Cooool.
4. Nina Garcia WAVED AT ME AND ALMOST SMILED AT ME. She came in. I was going for nonchalant. But then I decided to wave at her. She waved back. She also almost smiled genuinely. I think we have a connection.
So yeah. That's my trip. I love New York.
Updates will be on the slow-down this week. Busybusybusy. Haven't even caught up on NYFW!
Buuuut, which ones MUST I check out upon a free moment? AKA, what were your FAVOURITE shows?! Do tell.
(So don't be alarmed if it's a week-long hiatus. I'll try for otherwise.)