20.9.09

enlighten me

This post is very much in "kickin' it old school style." Remember the days when I posed next to a beige wall? Back in the day, when I was young... (I kid, I kid). Anyways, this post is very much in that style. Mainly on an account of my-sister-slash-photographer-was-grumpy-and-didn't-want-to-take-my-picture. C'mon sis... There's no "I" in "Blog Photos" but there is a, um, ... you know... anyways.

This was after a full day of field hockey/ benchwarming (Kidding. Not really.) and I had to proceed to speed-shower-and-change so I could go out for a birthday dinner for my parents. (Their birthdays are a day apart. I thought I'd share because a lot of my friends find that amusing. I don't know why.)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This might be one of my first times wearing a lot of pastels. For real.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
(Cardigan - Vintage $6, Dress - H&M $10, Skirt [underneath] - Pacific Mall $7, Tights - DIY)

As any of you fabulously observant readers may have noticed, I am constantly wearing these ripped tights. There's something about them that can transition an outfit from looking too sweet and preppy, into something a little more grungy.

(Tights - DIY, Jewelry - Assortment)

I'm a very indecisive person. I find it really hard to make decisions. Even as little as choosing the belt (UGH, they both went well with the outfit!) so I decided to compromise... Layering belts has also been one of my new things...

(Belts - Pink - H&M $Gift, Blue - Thrifted $1)

Recently, I was tagged by Anna Kadabra, Magpie Girl and Musings of a Natural Born Socialite. I've done this tag before, but fear not, I have more to say! Thanks for the tag, ladies! :)

1. My personality can lie on opposite sides of the spectrum. Literally. I can be super loud/ obnoxious / talkative. But I can also be super quiet / awkward/ untalkative. It depends on how lucky you are :) (I don't know which half is reserved for those who are deemed "lucky")
2. I wish I were witty.
3. I used to want to be Lizzie McGuire.
4. I love watching special features in a movie.
5. Since starting this blog, my time on useless sights, such as Facebook, Perez Hilton and FML, has significantly decreased. Rarely use them. Probably a good thing.
6. I can maybe wiggle my ears. I have yet to ask if they are, in fact wiggling. But there is great potential. I just discovered this recently.
7. I regularly snack on junk food. My mum's a nutritionist, so I am very discrete.
8. I lost my nano. I am currently kickin' it old school with my ancient Ipod mini. I secretly like it.
9. I love to crack my back, fingers, neck, toes, and essentially anything. It's really satisfying. I know I'm garunteed back problems.
10. I'm pretty certain I'm going to fail math and economics this year.
In grand tradition, I'm too lame to tag other people. I once again invite anyone to share 10 random facts about yourself. Seriously. I'm honestly tagging you all! (Like, it would be totally appropriate and normal to say "I was tagged by Girl with the Bow Tie, sooo...") Seriously. Do it!

I have more to share about myself... in my upcoming Q&A. Thanks to everyone who asked questions and I will post the responses in the next post or so! If you're sitting in class, daydreaming, and suddenly you can't concentrate because you have a burning desire to ask me a question (it could happen!) then do not fear! Q&A is here! (I think I'm funny.)

Ask me questions for my Q&A. I'll get back to all of them very soon!

Hope you have a good week, all! Thanks for stopping by and I'll be visiting your blogs, hopefully, ASAP. (I say hopefully because if it's soon, it means I haven't been swamped with homework! Yay!)

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOH ! Beautiful !
You have really good drawing, You're good at sewing and your outfits are uber awesome ! What is your favourite store to shop in ? I bet you like trift shopping and Value Village !

emily said...

great belt. and by the way, my blog is called "musings of a born socialite" not "musings of a natural born socialite." thanks!

M said...

I like pastels and they look great on you too! Layering belts... interesting, I have to try that. :)

Fashionisaparty.com (Suz) said...

i totally love this! really cute belt and nice dress!
xx

Lisa & Cathy said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT DRESS!
and yes i agree an overdose on cheese and corn for an outfit is bleh.. SO GO RIPPED TIGHTS! have you tried the rolled up tights?

Patty Ann said...

i love that white sequined dress
its amazing
and i want to know about you:
do your friends know about your blog???
do you prefer heels or flats?? if heels, how high of a heel would you wear??
xxx


AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

Friend in Fashion said...

LOVE this vintage dress & how you've teamed with the skirt underneath - gorgeous!
x

Valeriesoh said...

love that victorian-ish outfit. Like the more colorful you tho!:)))

Olive Tee said...

CUUUTEE outfit! ok im fully gona tag myself if i can be bothered! Haha and im soo the same i barely ever (more like almost never) go on perez hitlton, fml and facebook anymore and i used to heaps its a good thng!. hhhmm when did u start becoming interested in fashion? x
olivias-pizzazz.blogspot.com

Siru said...

Those first few photos are so fun!

juliet xxx

Kate said...

Love it again. I am jealous!

Nabila said...

the white dress is so cute x


http://gotsunshineinabag.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Awe, I love the dress! I got this awesome black puffy dress from H&M a year ago for $10 and i've been looking for somewhere to wear it. This is a cute way to dress down a more formal look.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous:)!! Love how youve put it all together!! Really interesting outfit!

xxx
thestylestrutter.blogspot.com

Sophie said...

I love this dress, the whole outfit has such a cute vintage style and the ripped tights definately add an edge to it. Gorgeous! Love the 10 facts as well, i know what you mean about the cracking of fingers and back as well, i just cant help it! xo

Eva said...

I LOVE the shiny white dress.

Charlotte. said...

that dress is gorgeous, and the layering belts idea is actually amazing!

Unknown said...

Adore the seguins very light hearted balmain!
XOXOX
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

Hello Naka said...

layering belts is a great idea!

i love ur phots and post ^^

my parents are the 3rd and 4th of the same month my friends find it funny too XD

Barbro Andersen said...

Beautiful pictures <3 Really beautiful!

Woods said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Woods said...

what my header name yours is so cute and different!

question
what is your favorite fashion designer?
and where would you like to live in the further?

Anonymous said...

You have the greatest style! I love your posts. I wish I spent less time other social media sites as well. Ugh I spend far too much time in front of the computer

erika sorocco said...

Please, please, please give me that dress! I have a craving for sequins!

And just for the record, I think I top your confession...I didn't just want to be Lizzie McGuire; I was convinced that I WAS Lizzie McGuire! :)

Anonymous said...

hi there! you're very cute! and you're sequin dress is amazing.

thank you for dropping me a line on my blog! hope you come back soon!

Anonymous said...

I love those belts! I know you wanted to be Lizzie McGuire, but who would you be now? xxx

Yasmin said...

Oh you are fantastic when it comes to layering! I cannot layer for the life of me, so naturally that is why I just choose key pieces to wear, haha! Wonderful!
xx

Valencia Lia said...

Thanks so much for entering the giveaway girl !Even though you don't follow blogs,its fine girl :)

Sorry took me so long to get back to you.

This outfit is way perfect ! Girly mixed with and edge:) Beautiful :)
The layer of the skirt with the dress is so perfect.
And your ripped tights,I WANT them <3

Adding you to my blogroll because I really adore your style :)

And qtn for your Q&A:What's a perfect day like for you ? Who is the biggest influence in your life ?

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

i am in love with this outfit. especially that pink bow belt. so beautiful.

tdw said...

NEW ARTICLE ON http://daily-Women.blogspot.com : Taylor Momsen, Glamourous or not? Let's see her on!

Kavita @ She Wears Fashion - UK style and fashion blog said...

Lovely outfits :) x

gabriela kane said...

Awesome dress! I could never find something like that here. And OMG I WAS TAGGED BY GIRL WITH THE BOW TIE!

Unknown said...

You should definitley rent it then!
XOXOX
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

Diary of a Young Designer said...

The dress is amazing!!!!
And I so wanted to be like Lizzie too! I thought her style and hair were awesome.

xo
Sophie

Zhcsyra hp said...

what a cute white dress <3

KY said...

This is such a cute outfit, I like the layering!

Emma's way of life said...

I love the dress !! awesome !

Unknown said...

Ooh, belt layering reminds me of michael jackson! I love the pastel colours, they go well.

www.christydivine.blogspot.com