14.6.10

let's play concentration. you'll go first and i'll go second.

I guess you could say it was a typical Monday. Woke up at six am because, well, just because. Studied for a few hours. Wrote an exam. "An exam," being my final exam. Thus marking summer. And ate some reeses pieces blizzard and downloaded five hours worth of tunes.

You know, typical.

Oh, and somewhere along this not-so monumental day (UM HELLOOO SUMMER IS HERE), I decided to creep myself. AKA stalk some of my photobooth pictures. I had to go through thousands, cuz I'm so narcissistic. Jokes. I have like fifty photos from the last two years on there. I should probably take advantage of the super rad camera feature more, I reckon. Anyways, the whole point of this story is HOW COULD I NOT HAVE POSTED THESE VERY PHOTOS?!?!?!?! WOWZA...




AHHH! Do you see the joyous look that is present in all my pictures?! A Rodarte for Target dress!


You see, Canada is a silly country. We're a little behind. Like, we CANNOT watch Kell on Earth, it costs an additional $92 to SHIP a dress form from the States ($92! I can buy 13 blazers with that! Or 26 on a Value Village 50% off sale! I didn't buy the damn dress form!), annnd we don't have a Target!
Rodarte for Target? No Target? Predicament? I THINK YES. Solution? Well...

... THE FABULOUS ALISHA FROM SIX-TWENTYTWO-ONINE. (The caps were NECESSARY to emphasize her FABULOUSNESS.) I don't even think I have to say this, but I will anyways: She. Is. The. Sweetest. CHECK OUT HER BLOG. Thanks gurl! The next time you'll see this dress is, actually, on my sister in the next and final series of the Forest Nymph shoot. She loved it! (Almost dangerously. I sensed her desire to pry the dress from my very own nubby hands.)

THANKS AGAIN.

And in somewhat related fashion (fashion, ha-ha), here's some more photobooth narcissism/ quick outfit post...

Really average outfit. Hence really lame photos. Normally I love bright colours from summer (and winter. And rain. And fall. And spring.), but a lazy Sunday and rainy weather was just calling for a subdued outfit.

But sometimes subdued outfits make it fun to wear prints fearlessly. Also makes me feel rather chilled and 90s and what not and why am I always referring to the 90s?

STORY TIME:
One of the BEST COMPLIMENTS. EVER.
Old Lady (comes up from behind with massive shopping cart of Value Village goods) (Please imagine an adorable old lady with equally adorable voice alongside): Oh, honey! Now, you've just GOT to tell me. Did you... PAINT those flowers on those legs?!!?! [ed note: !!!!!!!HAHHAHA!!!!] Or are they PANTY HOSE?
Me: Hahahhahaaha. Nah, they're tights!
Old Lady: Oh, well, you can never tell with these things! Where did you get them?
Me: H&M blah blah blah insert rambles.
Old Lady: Wow! They're just LOVELY. Oh, you're so young! You should be wearing this things! Hahah. (Leaves)
Me (silently): PAINT MY LEGS?!?! Can you please be my grandma?!?!?! NOW?!?!
THE END.

(Zebra Blouse - Thrifted <$1, Shorts - Value Village $3, Tights - H&M, Bangles - Assorted, Hat - Vintage $3, Shoes - Vintage)
I was also wearing this um KIND OF AMAZING VINTAGE CLONKIN SHOES. They are uber rad. Photobooth doesn't give it justice so, I'm not even going to try. THEY DESERVE PROPER RECOGNITION. So that concludes this.

OH. Wait. ONE MORE THING.

GOING TO DO A VLOG for da bloggerversary. Took extrenuous amounts of efforts to think of a rhyme (reference to pic-cha). Consequently, I suggest you ask me some questions. You know, unless you want me to ramble on high school drama and boyzzzz and zomg who broke up wit whoz < / 3333. (Just kidding. I have no knowledge regarding high school gossip. Awe MAAAN. NOW I'LL NEVER BE COOL.) But really. Ask me ANYTHING. Be creative!
(Doesn't have to be fashion related. I mean, go ahead, ask me to dish the dramzzz. Gossip Girl style, obvz. It's how I roll...)

Yeeeeeah...
:)

Happy Summer if it's, you know, summer!

:)

(Additional smiley face emphasizes HAPPINESS OF SUMMER.)





30 comments:

Kyki said...

Tee-hee. You make my day :)

ps. I gave you an award on my blog. You should check that shit out. :)

six-twentytwo-onine said...

lexy... thanks for the mention...
i am glad you loved it and i was smiling from ear to ear seeing you happy .... and i am also glad that your sister is wearing it ... cant wait to see her
thanks again
love alisha
six-twentytwo-onine.blogspot.com

roxanne said...

$92? NINETY-TWO? i can't get over that.. $92??!

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

I love your outfit.

I know what you mean. I went to the states to get some Rodarte for Target clothes. Oh canada.

Under Urooba's Umbrella! said...

PLEASE STOP BEING SO COOL.
MY EYES ARE GETTING SORE FROM ALL YOUR COOLNESS!
JUST STOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Also, a question:
Who is your crush/last crush!? Describe how you feel around him! *giggles*
OH I GET SO GIDDY WITH THESE TYPES OF THINGS.

six-twentytwo-onine said...

i commented already n thanks again ....love

-Wonderful & Awkward said...

:) omg awesome outfits. I'm sorry you don't have a Target over there in Canada. I live in that place!

Rosalind said...

That piece was one of my favourite from the rodarte for target collection, it reminds me very much of a 1930's style dress for lounging around the house in!
Love the floral tights too.

Thanks for the comment, and I love all the outfits in Changeling! So I take that as a big compliment..
And I think Angelina Jolie is so suite to twenties style clothing.

http://clothescamerasandcoffee.blogspot.com/

Hello Naka said...

love your outfit cant wait to see your sis wear the dress too

FashionJazz said...

Luv ur outfit!! xxx

Aimee said...

i love this post! awesome dress :)

michelle_ said...

muuaahahhaha.. you're soooo hilarious lexy !
that grandma is definitely one COOL granny !
congrats for the rodarte dress. and we pay like 100 bucks for shipping to indonesia as well . what a budget killer as well :(

that rodarte dress is beautiful !

Sarah said...

Are you sure that wasn't my Grandma? Wait never mind, she's not in Canada, but that does sound like something she would say!


No Target?? *gasps with horror*

I LOVE YOUR POSTS!!

Courtney said...

Hahaha funny girl!! Love the dress. It's super awesome, I'm jealous. You have such a cute sense of style. So glad you stopped over at my blog, dear :)

Anonymous said...

oh wow ha ha ha the story was great. reminds me of the old ladies i see on fillmore in S.F. when i work in the farmers market or walk around the town. ha ha ha.

♡Chika-san

Lisa! said...

What is the one thing you regret ever doing?

What is your favorite item from your closet?

What is the most amount of money you have spent on a piece of clothing, what was it?

Tori said...

Cutee! That is crazy that you don't have a Target there!
Question:
If you could only see black and white and one other color for the rest of your life, what color would you choose to see?
:D

ARANXA. said...

i love that dress :)
remminds me of summer...oohhh la la summer is here YAY!
amazing blog hun,
XO,
ARANXA

Isabel said...

Oh my gosh, I'm majorly jealous of the floral tights!

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

it only costs me $34 to send stuff here in PI from the US...it costs $92 there??? that's ridiculous...hehehe.

i've always loved that rodarte for target dress...love that you have the champagne colored one..

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

(always)alanna said...

congratulations you luckyyy girl! im so happy for you! and i LOVE that outfit; those floral tights are to DIE for!
xx

ayu said...

wow i like the dress, very sweet and well suited to you Lexy ;) wahhh i want to buy it hehehe hm, when you have time visit my blog ya:)

this link :

http://fairyflosstome.blogspot.com/

and please FOLLOW my blog too lexy :)

i'll so glad if you visit and FOLLOW my blog :D

T E A said...

Love your blog ! thanks for stopping by !

Joanne Faith said...

Old ladies seem to love quirky tights - I got a few comments on mine when I was down at the Plant Barn cafe [it is what it sounds like] haha. :] Happy summer!

http://www.joannefaith.com

Chloƫ, Wardrobe Quarry said...

I love that dress, its adorable.



umm a question.
1. how old are you
2. whats your favourite item of clothing.

Melissa said...

$92??!! now thats just crazy. there isnt a target here in england either...
grandmas are RAD, my grandmas comments can sometimes make my day, as do grandad's. awesome people.
ok question.
If you could go back in time and be invisible, where would you go/what would you do, and why?
xx

Victoria said...

i just love your blog so much! Your outfit is amazing despite what you said :D

Anonymous said...

congrats on the dress! you look great and omg one year of blogging! yaaaaay! i'm fnally gonna hear your voice lol

mmkay questions:
1) which country has the best street style for you?
2) if there's something about you blog that you want to improve on, what would it be?

also, if you please relink "kiss my fasshion" to "style raiders" that would be appreciated xD new domain, baby!

LyddieGal said...

Yay for the awesomeness of other bloggers, the dress is just adorable, I'm so happy you got it!!

Chic on the Cheap

Lorena said...

Adore those tights and your bracelets are HOT!