11.6.10

last night i had the strangest dream, i sailed away to china, in a little boat to find ya, and you said you had to get your laundry cleaned

I enjoy people watching. I don't think that's weird. People are fascinating and if you asked me, "hey, if you could be invisible for a day, would you sit and eavesdrop on people ALL DAY LONG?" My response would be, um... YES, ABSOLUTELY.

One of my favourite people watching places is the Kensington Market in Toronto. It exudes, I don't know, something that's super raw and full of character. I feel like I'm in the 90s. Or something. I like it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
^ Haha. I just realized that there are shoes swung over the telephone lines. A cop once told me (and my classmates - I wasn't just, like, chattin' it up with the cops) that shoes over telephone lines = weed. Oh brothaaa...

To be honest I didn't get my hands on too many pictures. Taking pictures in public with my shiny little pink digital camera is awkward. BUT THEY HAVE A BUBBLE MACHINE SO I THINK THAT'S ALL WE NEED TO SHOW IT'S AMAZINGNESS. Agreed?!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Like someone send that to me? Stat?

And we're back in my backyard. And we've got ourselves some self-timers...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(Blazer - Value Village $6, Shirt - Value Village $3, Shorts - Old Navy $5, Shoes - Vintage $15, Belt - Thrifted $1, Jewelry - Assorted)

Hey. You look creative. Picture it all together? Boo yeahhh.

Summer is coming, contrary to what the rain/ sun might be telling us. (The combination of "rain" and "sun" illustrates the indecisiveness of the weather.). But still. It's SUMMER. Despite the weird weather. So I'm happy. And here's a sunny picture. Because sunny is happy. And happy is good.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
(photograph - me)

ONE MORE DAY UNTIL FREEDOM. I'm so ecstatic. Literally went biking and was singing at the top of my lungs. (In my head, that is. I mean, the singing part. I really did go biking. And it was fantastic.)

Anyways. When summer rolls around, I hope to have more awesome things. Such as increased outfit posts, slash more posts in general, and more DIYs and SEWING. Yay! AND WOWZA. Seven days 'till my bloggerversary! (Embarrassing story: the red line went under "bloggerversary" indicating that it was spelt wrong, so I right-clicked it to check what I spelled wrong. OBVIOUSLY it's not a real word. Oh maaan... I'm a straight A student, I swear!)

Um, anwyways. WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR THIS MONUMENTAL EVENT? I'd bake a cake because that seems appropriately celebratory. But alast, I will not because, well, a) I can't bake and b) well yeah. I figure it might be fun to answer some questions or do a vlog (or maybe both? Together? Wow!), so ladies and gents if you have questions pertaining to anything ASK ME! Comment below! (DO IT DO IT DO IT DO- I mean, pft. Nonchalant. I don't really care. I like the aura of "mystery" and "je ne sais quoi" I radiate anyways... BUT REALLY PEEPZ.)

Thank you, thank you very much!

P.S. I was surprised by the number interesting comments on the last post! Didn't expect people to read it. I'll be posting an actual POST discussing (slash very likely rambling) very shortly.
P.P.S. the title of my post is from my childhood. I posted on my tumblr. Yes, I got tumblr. Yes, I'm officially a victim of the internet.
P.P.P.S. I'll use my sister's tripod next time...
P.P.P.P.S. That is all. So have a splendid weekend. I hope the sun treats you well.

37 comments:

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

I love people watching. I`m always interested in the lives of other people. Those shorts are so funky. love love them!

Why did you start blogging?

Anonymous said...

i like people watching...depending on the type of person. ha ha ha yeah! i'm out already ha ha ha. hope you enjoy your last day!

♡Chika-san

Mel said...

Love all the colors, especially the orange blouse with the bow! Congrats on your bloggerversary (yes I see the red line under the word too)! Hmm, who or what inspires you/who are your style icons? Favorite era?

Dylana Suarez said...

I love people watching, too!

so so fun!

Just came across your blog. It is lovely!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Hello Naka said...

tehe great photos there are a pair of shoes that have been up on a telephone line for over a year now a couple of streets away from me XD

great post love your outfit ^^

Jen Hsieh said...

i'm still jealous of how well you wear colors. i always stick to neutrals and dark colors, and the occasional bright color. and PEOPLE WATCHING! i love it. i always end up making up bizarre stories about them that most definitely probably aren't true. :P

English Rose ♥ said...

You are such a ray of sunshine - I adore people watching too!

Best of luck for the last exam and happy almost bloggerversary!

Merci beaucoup for stopping by darling, it’s so much appreciated =]

Je suis désolée for the late reply!

Stay safe and chic ma chérie,
English Rose x
http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

Impossibly Perfect said...

i love your blog! i linked you!

teri said...

You are so freakin adorable! I love the CRAZY colors LOVE IT. Dude you really are a quirky explosion. Thank you for making me smile today! BTW I love people-watching and what exactly does "je ne sais quoi" mean? I've been hearing it somewhere and Ive never known what it means.

teri at tintedseaglass.blogspot.com

Phyllis said...

happy blog-versary!! love the bright orange bow tie =)

Leah said...

Love the title of this post... cute!

I love people watching too... I guess it's my most fave hobby of all time. Hahaha!

Your sister is just too adorable... love these set of images again. Hope tomorrow will be a lovely day for you. xoxo

Sarah said...

ZOMG BUBBLE MACHINE :O :O

Love the bow tie! And your colorful photos!

LyddieGal said...

Oh my god I love your shoes! Three neon shades of awesome!

I completely love people watching too. I just get freaked out when I think they are watching me too.

Chic on the Cheap

Dorothy Souhuwat said...

i love almost all of your post cz they are so colorfull..

seems your life so colorfull..nice..

Melissa said...

i love people watching, we're a fascinationg species arent we?
awwwwwsome bow tie and neon shoes!! the shoes remind me of my childhood jelly shoes!!
good times :D
xx

Ali Hval said...

I loves your blazer and pants, both amazing. :D Always so amazing. And that bubble machine! I'd love to run around and eat the bubbles that come from it. I'm guilty of trying to eat bubbles. They taste like nothingness, it's so fun!~

Tehe, I'd totally people watch if I was invisible. Glad I'm not the only one. :D

Unknown said...

two thumbs up for you,you always can mix many colour in your outfit1n i love it!great!
callmediiiyn!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I am thinking of a very interesting question. So I'll ask several and you can choose! :D

Where do you get your style-inspiration from?
Which movie is your all time favorite?
Where would you dream to live, or are you perfectly happy where you're now?
Who's you're hero/heroine?
What's the number of shoes you've got, and can you show me your most favorite?
And last, what's you're favorite book/novel?

And by the bye, I love people watching too. GIves you something to think about, highly interesting indeed.

Books&Jewels said...

I MUST go shopping with u!! How do u find such good deals?? LOVE it

Wendy said...

The bubble machine looks sick! I love how bubbles are basically little circular rainbows.

And thanks for your comment! Most of my friends do film photography rather than digital.

Vio said...

Nice pictures and I like your outfit!
violaine
http://www.2girlstonight.com

erika sorocco said...

Your devotion to, and use of colors is inspiring! Love, love, love that neckpiece! And yayay for your bloggyversary - so exciting!! :)

Unknown said...

I love people watching, I force my friends into doing it evey weekend. I love judging outfits and their looks too, yep I'm a creeper.
Libby
http://fashionconfectionairy.weebly.com

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

i really don't mean it but my ears just pick up little conversations in the office..i have to control myself from interrupting them or rolling my eyes...LOL.

i love the boldness of your blazer..seriously. :D

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Olive Tee said...

loooove your shorts! x

Nathalie Kartika Putri said...

woww!! love the whole outfit esp your scarf! GORGEOUS!! <3<3<3
check out my latest post :)

natzcracker

Oh to Be a Muse said...

i went thrifting the other day looking for a really cute belt. no luck, but your belt is great. your entire outfit rocks!

and i've also heard that shoes over telephone lines mean drug deals are going down...so yeah.

thanks for your great comments on my blog. glad you liked my photo shoot!

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

Audrey Allure said...

Love those shoes!

HDM said...

Thanks for stopping by at sixletter-daze.blogspot.com again! Wow, I've never even heard of Value Village..... Is that lame-o?? :)
No-no, your nails are kawaii (cute) too~
I ahhhbsolutely Loooove people watching and eavesdropping! One time my mom and I went into a Mexican grocery store (La tienda mexicana!) and took pictures! It was hilarious.
Hm... A question for you....
What's your favorite store?
Who's your fav actress?

fabulousjunk said...

colors, colors, and more colors! love the photos! life is more fun in colors

-becky

http://fabulous-junk.blogpsot.com

Poppy said...

I love the outfit your wearing!

The shirt and the shorts are super cute!

..and you have a really great collection of blazers too!

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I love the colorful top!! so cute!

www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

Lorena said...

How colorful!
that jacket and bow top go beautifully together...

yanmaneee said...

golden goose
kyrie irving shoes
kd shoes
vans shoes
nike shoes
ferragamo belts
valentino shoes
yeezy boost
jordan shoes
nike air huarache

tareares said...

replica bags online uae replica bags from korea 7a replica bags

Unknown said...

replica bags london click for source o2n60o3a03 replica bags london visit homepage n4p67p1g76 Louis Vuitton fake Bags replica bags south africa replica bags philippines greenhills gucci fake p7l92g5s67 replica bags ru

Anonymous said...

ggdb
off white clothingoutlet
retro jordans
supreme new york
bapesta
nike sb dunks
jordan
goyard bag
off white x jordan 1
yeezy 350