Being the good little blogger I am, I have remembered to take (occasional) pictures of myself in my outfits, here in Alberta, to leave my amazing readers with a worthwhile post... Being the silly little girl I am, I have forgotten to bring my camera cord and thus will not be able to post them for another week and a half. Erm, sorry.
Buuuuut, I'm excited to have been tagged/ awarded by Magpie Girl, High Voltage, and theTrendyDwarf. Ch-ch-check 'em out! Not only do they have amazing blogs, but they're super supportive of mine. Thanks for the tags / awards you guys! :) There were two different tags where I'm supposed to share 7 things about me and 10 things that create my style. Since I am lazy - ahem - a busy girl with little time on my hand (haha), I am going to combine them and share 10 things about me and then post some style snidbits. It's a genius compromise, I know.
Combo Tag/ Award
7 - ahem - 10 Things About Me:
1. I watched Arthur way past the due-date of normalcy. But whatever, Arthur's da man.
2. I also played with dolls for way too long. Bratz was my last obsession, before finally graduating at the tender age of @#$%^& - way-too-old-to-be-playing-with-them.
3. My heart shaped glasses broke. I'm a little saddened by this news.
4. I'm an obsessive doodler. Obsessive. My greatest doodles are probably from science class, my least favourite class in the history of school.
5. I joined the wrestling team. I was one of two girls. I broke my collarbone after two weeks and therefore had to quit. I think I'll stick to volleyball next year.
6. I eat marshmallows and cookies a little too much.
7. Guilty pleasure = TLC shows. My current favourites are Cake Boss, LA Ink, and Say Yes to the Dress. I also love their documentaries. They are so fascinating and humbling. I really do love TLC.
8. I kind of like to pretend that Nylon is the epitome of who I am. Just because it's so darn cool.
9. I kind of live in my own ideal world. Where everyone dresses in vintage, listens to indie bands, and skips around instead of walking.
10. I wish Canada had an Obama-equivalent. Maybe an Asian-chick. She and Obama would make a good team, I think.
1. Love the Olsen twins. Always have, always will.
2. Love the bright colours, shapes, and energy of the 80s. And now it's back in style!
Balmain Fall 2009
3. I actually think that being super cheap has totally helped to define my style. Favourite stores? Value Village, Vintage/Thrift, Winners, and H&M.
4. I like to read tabloids to look at red carpet photos. Some of my favourite red-carpet dressers are Rihanna, Charlize Theron, and Leighton Meester.
5. I dress to express myself. A lot of times it depends on my mood. If I'm feeling..
* Um, I am a major dork. Taking photobooth pictures of myself, by myself. Please ignore. I spent a whole five minutes taking them and thus do not want to not use them. I feel like I will regret this.
I kind of feel bad that my post is solely about myself and things that you readers don't really care about, so here's a really crappy photobooth picture of my new leggings. They are so amazing and the terrible quality does not do them justice. My $20 splurge on them was totally worth it. I promise to post better pictures soon.
(Urban Outfitters $20)
Anyways, I promise for a post you actually care about as soon as I return. I will attempt to take more pictures. Thanks for the awards guys, once again! :) And thanks for all your comments! I'm so happy to finally have a break from babysitting my little cousins so I can finally check out all your blogs! :) Come again and see you soon.