Blah, blah, blah. Yes, those three words are significant. No, it's not to tune out this overly-loud opera that my mom feels the need to blast. (hi mumzies wtf) Nor is it to let out my inner Ke$ha. Rather, it epitomizes my current state of you know when you have a lot of things on your mind, but it's simply too exhausting/blah to say it all? Yeah. "Blah, blah, blah" will now officially SAY IT ALL. You heard it here first, folks!
This outfit could be labeled something along the lines of "clothes resurrected from the death of my closet mwahaha." Kind of like a "blast from the past," but in clothing form. I don't know when was the last time I wore this dress, but I'm thinking it was somewhere along the lines of here and ohhaiitheremajorstyleslashbloggingslashwritingchange. I don't know when I last wore this shirt, either. I'm thinking it's been at least 4 years. I've never worn this skirt. These tights haven't seen the light of day in a good 8 months. HI THERE LOST CLOTHING WELCOME TO THE WORLD. SORRY FOR NEGLECTING YOUR EXISTENCE.
I think I've reached that "point in my life" where GODDAMNIT I NEED TO GO ON A BUYING HIATUS. February seems like a good month, right? Throwing on layers of lost clothing during winter months? It's only 28 days so gurl I can deal? WRONG. It's not my fault that the day better than Christmas and my birthday (but not Halloween. never Halloween) planted itself on the 7th of February. Yes, what else could I be talking about? Nothing. But the VALUE VILLAGE 50% off sale. Throw a party! They were dressed like cowboys wtf! Duh.
Har, har, har. Blah, blah, blah. HAR LOOK AT THE BEGINNING. It's like a legend! So yes, I'm feeling a little blahimon5hoursofsleep so I'll just post a list of things that I've been swimming in my head drums recently. Feel free to give your 2 cents on anything because you're all fascinating creatures.
Thoughts Swimming in my Head Drums:
- the power of religion/ existence of gods/ other forces
- holy crap, what if I went blind one day?!
- we're very insignificant as individual beings. especially realized as I study history and wuuut, this people DID once exist/live in the present/ har har
- education system -- is this REALLY the best way for learning and gaining knowledge?
- immigrants are very interesting people
- the ridiculous disparity in opportunity between developed and developing countries
- my new found obsession with opening up a cafe in Antigua, Guatemala or some other city similar to that
- my increase in happiness due to hi there, it's not dark out when I go home! (but I still miss my bike rides/ ability to outside in less than an elephant's weight of attire)
- the amount of disconnectedness amongst people and does the internet make us more connected or disconnected?
- i really don't want to go to semi tonight ew
Huh. I actually feel better now that that's all out there. Maybe more "blah blah" than "blah blah blah." BREAK THROUGH BABY.
(Dress - Vintage $16, Blouse - H&M $unknown, Turquoise Skirt - Thrifted $5, Tights - H&M $6, Shoes - Vintage $35, Belts - Thrifted $1 each, Necklace - Thailand)
What thoughts are currently swimming in YOUR head drums?
Am I saying that too much? NO. It's going to be a common phrase. An every dayer, if you will. And when they trace it's etymology it will go to BAM RIGHT HERE. Hi there, future phrase-tracing-back-it's-ancestors people. That's right. The phrase "thought swimming in my/ your head drums" originated there. Also, I'm basically Raven Baxter.